- Tear out your air ducts that are now useless and attach one open end to your open window. (If you don’t have air ducts use your dryer exhaust tube)
- You can seal around the edge of this fitting with cardboard and duct tape (Yeah that’s what it’s for)
- Attach other duct pieces so that the other end fits right over where you fire will be.
- Remember that you want the smoke to go out the exhaust, not the heat, so make sure the vent over the fire is not too large.
- You want the heat of the fire to be directed towards you. Use some of the duct work to build a heat reflector around the base of the fire.
(Up next in part II…stay warm with out an extra coat.)